1/11/10

a great start to the new year

Sock designer and author Cookie A came to teach at our LYS Common Threads last week, and I volunteered to put her up for a few nights. She's as cool and fun as you might imagine and I learned a lot from her class - highly recommend it and her book, Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques & Patterns for One-of-a-Kind Socks. It was really nice to be able to spend an extended period of time getting to know her. The first night, we had a fabulous dinner prepared with some knitting friends: Nancy and her mom Caryl (who both own and run Common Threads), Kelie, Rebecca, and Shelly. The next day was Cookie's top-down sock design class and then dinner at a restaurant - no photos of that because it was too dark. Before she left town to attend TNNA, Cookie was kind enough to invite me to lunch with knitwear designer Anne Hanson, Anne's husband, David, and their friend Kim. Anne took some pictures at lunch but I was too shy to ask her to send me one - luckily, she posted it on her blog!



3 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I love Cookie's book. She's brilliant. And cuff-down socks are still my favorite way to go.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Hi Edina, Sounds like you're having lots of fibery fun in sunny San Diego! A wonderful way to spend January. Your projects are just beautiful--so intricate! Great to see your smiling face. :)

andiknit said...

Wow, I'm jealous! Glad you had a wonderful time with some awesome knitters.