4/20/09

*TGFPL

*Thank Goodness For Public Libraries

Next month, hubby and I are going to be spending almost two weeks Paris. We are very excited for this vacation and it has been a long time coming because we had to cancel a trip there celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary a few years ago. To prepare for our upcoming visit, I've taken full advantage of our city and county library systems as you can see from the above photo. I also checked out a bunch of language CDs to brush up on my French. We've been to Paris before, both separately and together, but never for longer than a few days so we're really looking forward to an extended period of time exploring the city and making discoveries that are not on the standard tourist to-do lists. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

4 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

No suggestions yet, but have a great time! We had a week in 2003 so did most of the touristy things. Loved it.

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

I just discovered your bog. Your reading about Paris reminds me of the books I read about France and Paris last year. It's wonderful that you get to go this year. I'll want to hear all about your trip and will think of places for you to visit off the beaten path.

Corinne said...

Wow, have a wonderful, wonderful time! Enjoy.
~Corinne

paperbird said...

take lots and lots of pictures and then take more.
we spent over two weeks in Italy in August- we thought we took lots and lots of pictures- sure wish we had taken more :)
It seems so surreal now.