5/11/09

swirl shawl


I dipped into some of the yarn I bought at Stitches West and have completed half of the Swirl Shawl I started a few months ago. It's been an easy knit, though not completely mindless because there's a lot of counting to keep track of. It's not obvious in the above photos but I wasn't loving some of the sudden color transitions (due to poor yarn manufacturing) so tried to piece together different skeins of yarn to get better blending. I think I'm just going to have to accept the wabi-sabi aspect of this project so I don't drive myself crazy. :)

4 comments:

Karla said...

It looks beautiful, I can't wait to see the finished shawl.

Kerin said...

Gorgeous!!! This is really special Edina. WOW!!

Lisa said...

This is georgeous....is it an advanced pattern?

Knitting by the Pond said...

Cool scarf, I love it! :)